Sunday, July 23, 2006

A bunch of Brass Monkeys go to Beechworth - no bananas to be found

The monkeys, from left: Michelle and John (who bought along their young son Kai, or 'tadpole' as he became known); Kathy; Brian and Vera; Pat I, Norma, Don, Clyde, Pat II, Jack, Phyllis, Ian, Joyce and Michael. Your humble correspondent was manning the camera.
Clyde and Pat's Old English White V8-250, with a tan interior.
Dame Zara, of course, who aquitted herself very well. Tony's minstrations did her the world of good. I think we can state with confidence that the Hesitation Waltz has been cured. She pulled hard at all revs, on the flat or up hills, and on one clear, straight stretch with no other cars in sight for miles I floored it and watched as the tacho rose to well over 4000rpm and the speed to, well, quite fast indeed! (I believe that my car is set up to do 17.7mph per 1000rpm. At 4200rpm, I'd expect to be doing 74mph; at 4500rpm a hair under 80 ...)Posted by Picasa

No comments: